Substitute Teaching

Ashland City Schools welcomes applicants for substitute teaching.  To qualify, you must hold a bachelor's degree, not necessarily in education, and you must pass a criminal background check.  If you don't already have a teaching certificate, you can obtain a substitute teaching license from the Ohio Department of Education.

To get started subbing in Ashland City Schools, download the substitute teaching packet and complete the forms.  You can also stop at Central Office, 1407 Claremont Ave., to pick up a packet.  For questions, contact Raelee Bennett-Crunkilton at or 419-289-1117.

You can also apply to join the Tri-County sub pool.  This pool serves schools in the Ashland, Wayne and Holmes county area.  If interested, please contact Karen Miller at 330-345-6771 Ext. 228, or